时间：2020-11-20 13:10:55本文内容及图片来源于读者投稿,如有侵权请联系xuexila888@qq.com 淑娟 我要投稿
1a 部分翻译Language Goals:
Talk about what you are allowed to do;
Agree and disagree
Read the statements below. Circle A for agree or D for disagree.
Can I go to the shopping center with John? He just got his driver's license.
No way! I don't think sixteen-year-olds should be allowed to drive. I'm worried about your safety.
1. Teenagers should not be allowed to smoke.
2. Sixteen-year-olds should be allowed to drive.
3. Students should not be allowed to have part-time jobs.
4. Sixteen-year-olds should be allowed to get their ears pierced.
5. Teenagers should be allowed to choose their own clothes.
1b 部分翻译Listen and circle T for true or F for false.
1. Anna can go to the shopping center by bus.
2. Anna wants to get her ears pierced.
3. Anna wants to choose her own clothes.
1c 部分翻译Look at the statements in 1a and make conversations.
A:I don't think sixteen-year-olds should be allowed to drive.
B:I agree. They aren't serious enough.
2a 部分翻译What does Molly think of Kathy's statements? Listen and circle A for Agree,D for Disagree or DK for Doesn't Know.
1. Sixteen-year-olds should not be allowed to work at night.
2. Larry shouldn't work every night.
3. He should cut his hair.
4. He should stop wearing that silly earring.
5. He doesn't seem to have many friends.
2b 部分翻译Listen again What are Kathy's and Molly's reasons? Number their reasons in the correct order.
_____It looks cool.
_____Young people need to sleep.
_____He needs to spend time with friends.
_____He needs time to do homework.
_____It doesn't look clean
2c 部分翻译Make a list of things teenagers should and should not be allowed to do. Discuss your list with your partner.
A: Do you think teenagers should... ?
2d 部分翻译Role-play the conversation.
Sandy: I'm really excited about seeing the famous paintings by Picasso.
Wu Lan:Me, too! I'm glad Mr. Smith chose the art museum for our school trip this year.
Sandy:I'm going to bring my new camera to take lots of photos!
Wu Lan: Oh, no. Mr. Smith says we must not take photos. It's not allowed in the museum.
Sandy:That's too bad! Do you think we may be allowed to take photos if we don't use a flash?
Wu Lan: Hmm... I think they just want to protect the paintings. So if you don't use a flash,then it may be OK.
Sandy:Yeah. I think we should be allowed to do that. I'll bring my camera anyway.
3a 部分翻译Read the poem aloud and discuss what the title means with your partner.
Mom Knows Best
When I was a tiny baby crying all night, my mom sang to me and stayed by my side.
When I was tired and hungry,she gave me food and warm arms to sleep in.
When I was two running through the field,she made sure I was safe and kept me from danger.
When I fell and hurt myself, she gave me a hug and lifted me up.
When I was seven coughing badly, she said no ice-cream for me.
But I talked back loudly,"I should be allowed to eat somev Give it to me now!"
When I was nine watching scary movies,she said it'd give me awful dreams.
But I shouted back angrily,"I should be allowed to watch it! I'm not a baby!"
When I was a teen going out with friends, she said,"Please be back by ten! "
But I talked back again—"I should not be told what to do! I'm seventeen now!"
Now I'm an adult,thinking back to those times.
I coughed for days after eating that ice-cream
And had scary dreams after watching that film.
I was late for school from staying out past ten.
I regret talking back,not listening to Mom.
Mom knows best, and for me she wanted only the best!
3b 部分翻译Read the poem again and answer the questions.
1. What did the mom do when the writer was a baby and a small child?
2. Why do you think the writer talked back to his mom when he was seven and nine years old?
3. How did the writer feel when he was a teenager and his mom said "Please be back by ten"?
4. After reading the xvhole poem, how do you think the writer feels about his mom?
3c 部分翻译Think about a time you did something even though your mom or dad told you not to do it.Share your story with your partner.
Grammar Focus 部分翻译I don't think sixteen-year-olds should be allowed to drive.
agree. They aren't serious enough.
Do you think teenagers should be encouraged to make their own decisions?
No, I don't agree with this. Teenagers are too young to make their own decisions.
Teenagers should not be allowed to have part-time jobs.
disagree. They can learn a lot from working.
Do you think we may be allowed to take photos if we don't use a flash?
If you don't use a flash, then it may be OK.
4a 部分翻译Rewrite the sentences according to the example.
1. You must clean your bedroom every day.
Your bedroom must be cleaned every day.
2. Parents should encourage teenagers to do social work for their community.
Teenagers should be encouraged to do social work for their community.
3. Can Lucy do her homework tomorrow instead?
Can Lucy's homework be done tomorrow instead?
4. Do you think we must keep teenagers away from the Internet?
5. Parents should give teenagers chances to make their own decisions.
Teenagers should be given chances to make their own decisions.
4b 部分翻译Fill in the blanks with the correct forms of the words in brackets.
Should teenagers be asked(ask) to move out when they start working? In many Westem countries, teenagers are allowed (allow) to move out at eighteen Their parents believe that they should be educated (educate) to take care of themselves from a young age This way,when they start(start) working they can manage their own lives. However, in most Asian societies, it is not common for teenagers to move(move) out Chinese parents believe that it is better for children to live with parents who can take (take) care of them But the young should then look after their parents as they get older. That is why many Chinese adults continue (continue) to live with their parents.
4c 部分翻译You and your friend are starting an English club. Make a list of rules about what should and should not be allowed.
A:Members should be allowed to use dictionaries.
B:Yes,but they should only use English-English dictionaries.
1a 部分翻译Read the questions. How often do you do these things? Write A for always, U for usually,S for sometimes and N for never. Then talk with a partner about other things you do.
Do you ever...
1. get to class late?
2. study with friends?
3. firush a test early?
4. worry about failing a test?
1b 部分翻译Talk about your answers in 1a.
A:Do you ever get to class late?
B:Yes,I sometimes get to class late.
1c 部分翻译Listen and circle the things in 1a that Peter talks about.
1d 部分翻译Listen again Match these sentence parts.
1. Peter is going to...
2. He isn't allowed to...
3. Peter wasn't allowed to...
4. He could...
5. He should be allowed to...
a. take the test.
b. pass the test.
c. fail a math test.
d. take the test later.
e. get to class late.
1e 部分翻译Read the statements. Then discuss them with your group.
1. Peter should be allowed to take the test later.
2. Students need strict rules.
3. Parents should not be too strict with teenagers.
A:I think Peter should...
B:I don't agree.
2a 部分翻译Discuss the questions in your groups.
Are you allowed to make your own decisions at home? What kinds of decisions?
2b 部分翻译First,look at the title of the passage. Answer "yes" or "no". Find out how many in your group agree with you. Then read the passage. Does your answer change?
When you learn any new language,actively use it in new sentences of your own.
Should I Be Allowed to Make My Own Decisions?
Many teenagers have hobbies. But sometimes these can get in the way of their schoolwork,and parents might worry about their success at school. Teenagers often think they should be allowed to practice their hobbies as much as they want. Do you agree?
Liu Yu, a fifteen-year-old boy from Shandong,is a running star. He is on his school team and has always wanted to be a professional runner when he grows up. However, his parents won't allow him to train so much. "Of course we want to see him achieve his dreams,"says Mr. Liu. "And we know how much he loves running. My wife and I have supported every one of his races. We have nothing against running! But we think our son needs to think about other possible jobs. He's getting older now, so he needs to think about what will happen if he doesn't end up as a professional runner. "
Liu Yu doesn't really agree. "Well, I think I should be allowed to decide for myself," he says. "My parents have always taught me how important it is to work hard at school and enter university. I understand this, but I'm serious about running. It's the only thing I've ever wanted to do. "
His parents believe that Liu Yu should study hard in the evenings so they don't allow him to practice running at night. "Maybe he thinks it's too strict or unfair,"says Mrs. Liu. "But we think we're doing the right thing. He needs to spend more time on his homework because it is difficult to become a professional sports star."
But Liu Yu still disagrees. "I know my parents care about me. They always talk about what will happen if I don't succeed. But I will! I'm a quick runner! I think I should be allowed to make this choice myself. Only then willI have a chance to achieve my dream. "
2c 部分翻译Read the passage again and answer the questions.
1. What is Liu Yu's hobby?
2. What does Liu Yu want to be when he grows up?
3. Why do Liu Yu's parents not allow Liu Yu to practice his hobby at night?
4. Do you think Liu Yu should be allowed to practice his hobby as much as he wantsf? Why or why not?
2d 部分翻译Look in the passage for the words in bold. Then use them to complete sentences of your own.
1. My parents worry about_____.
2. My parents have always taught me how important it is to_____.
3. I am serious about_____.
4. I think it is unfair_____.
5. I have always wanted to be_____.
6. My parents have nothing against_____.
7. I need to think about what will happen if_____.
8. I need to spend more time on_____.
2e 部分翻译Discuss the questions with a partner. Use the information in the passage to support your opinion.
What is your dream job? Do your parents support your dream?
3a 部分翻译With a partner, discuss some rules at home that you agree or disagree with. Make some notes in the chart.
3b 部分翻译Write a diary entry explaining which rule(s) you do not agree with at home and how you think the rule(s) should be changed.
Use the following expressions to help you:
. I do not agree with...
. I think I should be allowed to...
. I would like to...
. I could... if I...
SectionB Self Check部分课文翻译
1 部分翻译Match the words in the two columns and choose five phrases to make sentences.
get使 my dream我的梦想
achieve完成 ears pierced耳洞
make做 part-time work兼职工作
go去 a choice选择
2 部分翻译Complete the sentences using the correct forms of the words in brackets. Translate them into Chinese.
1. No matter how many difficulties we have, I believe all problems can be solved(solve) in the end.
2. Mobile phones should be kept(keep) off during the meeting.
3. Teenagers under eighteen must not be allowed (not allow) to smoke or drink.
4. Many parents think going to school must be put(put) first, so teenagers should not be encouraged(not encourage) to work part-time.